Friday, February 27, 2015

Quick Tangy Egg Curry in under 20 minutes!






I love eggs! Eggs are so versatile! You could do anything and everything with them. You could fry them, boil them, poach them, scramble them, whip them, beat them.. The variations are endless. They taste good with just salt and pepper or you could go the whole nine yards and add a whole bunch of spices like I did, and curry them! Again there are hundreds of way you could curry eggs! I have previously posted a few ways of making them: egg masala,  jhat phat egg chilli, tangy egg curry and quick egg curry.



So how is this one different?? This is the result of another of my whims and fancies: my experiments in my kitchen. Depending on my mood, I tend to add whatever I feel like from my pantry! Don't fear: the result is good 99% of the times. The 1% of the time, I have had my husband go " Baby, please don't make this again". And yes,there have been times when I have  to toss it into the trash can. But that's very very rare!! You see, at a very young age, my mother taught me a very basic premise about cooking: " for food to taste good, all it needs is a nice balance of salt and spice. If those two things exist, then anything will taste good.




Coming back to this particular egg curry, this is perfect for that weeknight dinner when you have come home after a hard day's work and want to rustle up something nice and spicy for your dinner. This can be made in under 15-20 mins! I am bringing this today to Angie and all my other wonderful friends at Fiesta Friday!


Servings: 2-3


Ingredients:


Eggs: 4-6 hard-boiled, peeled .
Cooking Oil: 1 tbsp( I use coconut oil)
Onions: 1 medium, diced small
Tomato: 1 medium, diced small
Ginger-garlic paste: 1 tsp
Mutton/ chicken masala powder: 1 -2 tsp based on your spice level.
Haldi ( turmeric powder): 1/2 tsp
Tamarind pulp: 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Water: 1 cup

Method:



Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan.Sauté one chopped onion, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, until golden brown. 

Add one chopped tomato . Sauté until it leaves oil. 

Add 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp Kubal Mutton Masala powder( it is just a spice mix from Mumbai. It is very spicy!) you can also use any chicken masala powder or Malvani powder or ussal powder.

Add the boiled eggs into which slits have been made while keeping the egg whole. Sauté so that the egg is s little fried .

Make a tamarind solution and add this with salt to the above mixture.Mix together do that it binds well.



Serve hot with a rice or roti/bread.

Ready in less than 15 mins!

Enjoy! 

Cooking made easy:


Cook without stressing about it.  Always improvise and make use of whatever that is available in your kitchen. You will be surprised at what you can rustle up by being a little adventurous in the kitchen!

Tip for healthy living:


Turmeric is great for our good health. It is a natural anti-inflammatory agent and therefore helps with a number of ailments from cough-cold to arthritis. Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric which is responsible for its strong anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. 

Food for thought:


We adore chaos because we love to produce order. M.C. Escher

No comments:

Post a Comment